Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Life is so Volatile






Last night I received a call from a dental hygiene friend of mine.


"Lindsey"

"Yes"

"Dr Steve's daughter Lauren just died"

"WHAT?????"


We had a 10 minute conversation about Lauren's passing and what had lead up to it. Honestly, my heart literally sank. I felt sick all over. I wanted to vomit!


"Why God? She's so young and a woman who honors You! Why" as the tears poured out!


All day today I cried. I did not know Lauren all that well but everytime I saw her she always had a smile on her beautiful face. She was a pure, genuine soul....something that is really hard to come by these days. She is the type of girl you would want your boys to marry. She was an absolute doll. It is hard to imagine she has "moved on"


Lauren's passing made me take a look at my life and what I can do better to become a more Godly woman in raising my children, being a wife, being a friend and serving others.


Here's to my blessings.....Thank you God for everything you have given me!

No comments: